GWI’s regional groups offer members opportunities to exchange ideas and work together with members from nearby countries, experiencing the international aspect of GWI membership, while drawing on similar geographical, cultural and historical backgrounds. The regional groups organise conferences, seminars, friendship visits, and joint projects on issues of common concern. They also represent members at meetings of regional organisations, such as the Council of Europe.
- AFRICA: Federation of University Women of Africa (FUWA)
- ASIA: University Women of Asia (UWA)
- EUROPE: University Women of Europe (UWE)
- LATIN AMERICA: Federación Latinamericana de Mujeres Universitarias (FLAMU)
- PACIFIC: Pacific Graduate Women’s Network (PGWNet)
- CAMEUS: Canada, Mexico and United States of America