Arrange An Informal Meeting
Arrange an informal meeting
- Arrange an informal meeting to bring together graduate women that are interested in being part of an organisation of graduate women.
- Appoint a temporary chairperson to chair the informal meeting and a small group to assist in the organisation of the meeting. If there are existing groups of graduate women in the country, be sure to invite them to take part.
- Prepare an agenda and ask someone to take formal minutes (a written record of the proceeding).
- Distribute and discuss information on GWI principles and work.
- Discuss advantages of membership in the International Federation. Decide whether to accept GWI mission, standards and criteria.
- Discuss possible goals and objectives for the national group based on GWI values.
- Find out what prospective members expect from membership in the organisation.
- Inquire about the kinds of activities in which they would like to participate.
- Encourage input as to the roles they would envision the organisation fulfilling at the local, national and international levels.